Probably way more than you think!
WordPress has more than 60k plugins just on its free repository. Another estimated 10k between all remaining commercial plugins.
That’s one of WordPress’ key strengths. That massive number of plug-and-play features you can get for free or for a fair price.
Keep the following in mind while looking for plugins:
- Quality varies depending on the developer’s skills.
- Make sure that any free plugin is actively maintained before using it.
- Paid plugins will most likely be maintained, updated, and upgraded periodically.
- Paid plugins offer at least six months of support and one-year updates.
- Always look for unlimited use and lifetime upgrades if you need to invest in a paid plugin.